Signs of Safety - Life Story - I am me
Due to financial pressures we are sorry to inform you that we are unable to provide tea and coffee at the training events during 2019-2020, we advise that you take drinks and a packed lunch with you to events.
Course Provider: Vanessa Chambers (SofS Trainer)
- Personal journeys- workers are asked a series of questions about their own life journey which is then connected to the work with children and their families
- Words and pictures explanations- workers are asked to create a words and pictures explanation connected to an experience they have had to share with a child connected to them. This challenges workers and raises the challenges that parents might be faced with when we ask them to do this work
- Revisit life story work and the tools currently used to gather information and to share information with children
- How we currently complete life story books for children
- Plenty of practice to gain a deeper understanding of the theory /psychology that underpins this work.
- Building on the work from day 1
- Research and evidence
- How the use of words and pictures has influenced the way we are able to help children understand their journeys.
- Joy Rees framework is one example of how the structure of the story is important in helping children to grow a secure base
- Changing practice- thinking about the terms that are used when creating this work
- Connecting this to the importance of building relationships with families from the very beginning as it is important that the parents tell their part of their children's story.
- I share a words and pictures explanation that I created
- Workers practice doing words and pictures, every person who attends leaves with a draft words and picture explanation they have completed to share with a family as a starting point in helping the parents to create an explanation for their child/ren
|21st and 22nd November 2019||Castle Hotel, Brecon||9.30am - 4.30pm|
|28th and 29th November 2019||Newtown Integrated Family Centre, Newtown||9.30am - 4.30pm|
|23rd and 24th January 2020||Cartrefi Cymru, Llandrindod Wells||9.30am - 4.30pm|
There is no charge to attend these courses, however a cancellation charge may apply to non-attendance if sufficient notice is not given