y Gaer: Volunteering
This very exciting project will open up many opportunities for volunteers. These will include: -
- Gallery Invigilator - As a Gallery Invigilator you will act as a friendly, welcoming presence within the y Gaer galleries. You will be responsible for greeting the public, answering queries relating to exhibitions and forwarding questions and potential donation details to the curatorial team.
- Collections Volunteer - As a Collections Volunteer, you will have the opportunity to work directly with the historic objects within the collections, working closely alongside the curatorial staff.
- Library Support Volunteer - Duties will include supporting the hub assistants with tasks such as finding reserved items for customers, putting stock back onto the shelves, tidying and keeping the library areas neat and safe. The role will also include researching enquiries about the library and local area and assisting the public with familiarising themselves with the building and facilities available.
- Education Support Volunteer - As an Education Support Volunteer you will be supporting the Education and Access Officer. You will provide engaging workshops both for school parties and for local community events.
- Event Support Volunteer - Events Support Volunteers are vital to the smooth running and delivery of all events at y Gaer, large or small. These range from conferences booked into a community room to large scale weddings and multi-agent, family events.
- Temporary Exhibitions Volunteer - Temporary Exhibitions Volunteers play a key role in the day to day running of the temporary exhibitions galleries. These may include loans of large artwork collection, community projects or temporary displays made up of our own collections.
- ICT Support Volunteer - We have a very active Code Club, "Appy hour", Family History group and other groups which require IT savvy volunteers to successfully function.
- Gardening Volunteer - The stunning Captains Walk gardens (designed by the Rich Brothers) will require a dedicated team of volunteers to keep it looking tidy and welcoming for visitors, so if you are a keen gardener, we would love to hear from you.
This list is not exhaustive and other opportunities will arise.
Opportunities will be offered to all volunteers.
Volunteering opportunities at y Gaer are much sought after. All applicants will be invited for a brief interview and depending on availability and suitability to post, successful candidates will be offered a volunteering place.
y Gaer is an equal opportunity employer and all expressions of interest we receive from potential volunteers will be considered regardless of:
- sexual orientation,
- gender identity,
- national origin,
- disability status,
- any other characteristic protected by law.
Thank you for your interest in y Gaer.