Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Planning
Please note that this update may be subject to further additional review in light of changing legislation or due to departmental capacity.
Update 3rd August 2020
Powys County Council has invoked business continuity plans for services to concentrate on social care activities and critical business activities. The action was authorised by the council's strategic group which means that non-critical activity will be stepped down to support social care and critical frontline services in response to the Coronavirus outbreak (Covid-19).
We have had to adjust our working practices and service, and with limited access to our offices all correspondence should continue to be submitted electronically.
Please note that:
- Planning applications (received electronically) will continue to be determined but only where we are able to complete the necessary requirements. Enforcement complaints must be made using the form on our planning enforcement webpage and will be registered on receipt. Those deemed essential will be investigated subject to capacity and an acceptable site-visit risk assessment.
- Pre-planning application advice submitted electronically will be processed as normal but we are unable at this time to offer a site or office meeting. Instead we can offer a telephone/Skype meeting directly with a Planning Officer should you wish this service (+£30 in addition to the standard pre-planning application charges).
We ask that you therefore please continue to submit anything electronically where possible:
- Submit applications through the planning portal
- General enquiries to email@example.com
- Payments can be made by telephone on: 01597 827161
All valid planning applications are published on the Council's website and can be viewed via the following link - https://pa.powys.gov.uk/online-applications/?lang=EN
By clicking on 'search', there is the option to undertake both a simple and advanced search together with the option to review the Council's weekly/monthly list of applications received. The advanced search option provides an opportunity to identify applications by type, applicant, agent or those received within a particular Ward or Parish/Community Council area.
Should you experience any difficulty or have any questions relating to the public access portal, please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.