Emergency Childcare Hubs: Information for Parents
From Friday 27th March 2020, Powys County Council will be providing emergency childcare provision for children of key workers, and the most vulnerable pupils through a number of hubs located in Powys schools. The most recent advice from Children's Services is for Children Looked After (CLA) to stay at home with their foster carers.
The purpose of this is to give an overview of the provision to parents and carers of children attending the provision. This is initial guidance as of March 2020 and will be updated as needed.
Whilst access to emergency childcare will be provided to enable key workers to work during this critical period, we do need to keep the number of children in educational, childcare and play settings to the smallest number possible. If your child/children can stay safely in their home, they should. This should limit the chance of the virus spreading and protect those vulnerable to more serious illness as a result of the virus. Please read the following advice from Welsh Government:
Information about the Emergency Childcare Hubs
- Places must be booked on a weekly basis. Places must be booked by 5pm the Wednesday of each week for the following week.
- Parents / carers of key workers will be required to bring proof of identify and employment when bringing their child to the hub.
- You will be required to fill in a registration form the first time you bring your child / children to a hub.
- The Emergency Childcare Hubs will be open from 8am - 6pm daily, and on 7 days a week - including weekends and during school holidays. You can access the setting at any time within these hours if you have booked a space.
- If you are collecting your child, you should ensure that your child is collected promptly at the end of the day, and you should inform the hub if you are going to be late.
- Transport will be provided to the hub at the start of the day, and from the hubs at the end of the day. If you have requested transport, your child will be picked up from home and returned home.
- Food and drink will be provided for your child throughout the day.
- Children should not bring their own toys, books or tablets/laptops due to hygiene reasons.
- You will need to sign in your child/ren, and state the collection time each day and who is collecting the child/ren. A password will be provided to you, and this must be shown when the child is being collected.
- Do not send your child/ren if they are unwell. Pease follow the Covid-19 guidance as advised by Public Health Wales. If any of your family have symptoms, please self-isolate for 14 days. If you need to cancel a booking you have made, please telephone the hub as soon as possible using the contact details below.
- If your child displays symptoms during the course of the session, the Hub Lead will contact you immediately. Arrangements will need to be made for the child to be collected as soon as possible.
- Your child/ren will follow the Covid-19 handwashing guidelines within the setting i.e. hand wash on arrival, between each activity, eating and leaving.
- Good pupil behaviour is essential to the smooth running of the hubs. Poor pupil behaviour will not be tolerated, and sustained incidents of poor behaviour may result in the child losing his/her place at the hub.
- If you have any further questions, please contact the Council by e-mailing: Covid19.email@example.com.
Contact details for the emergency childcare hubs
Hub location and Telephone Number
Priory C in W School
Bro Hyddgen (Machynlleth)
Ysgol Bro Hyddgen - Primary campus
Calon Cymru - Builth Wells
Newbridge-on-Wye C.in W. School
Calon Cymru - Llandrindod Wells
Cefnllys C.P. School
Crickhowell C.P. School
Archdeacon Griffiths C.in W. School
Llanfair Caereinion C.P. School
Llanfyllin C.P. School
Llanidloes C.P. School
Ysgol Gymraeg Dyffryn y Glowyr
Ysgol Dafydd Llwyd
Presteigne C.P. School
Welshpool C. in W. School (Howell Drive site)