The purpose of the grant is to support registered childcare businesses with immediate cash flow support to help them survive the economic consequences of the Covid-19 outbreak.
The grant seeks help those childcare businesses which have not been able to access other schemes and complements other Covid-19 response measures to support businesses, social enterprises and charitable organisations in Wales. The grant compliments other Government support measures (such as the Job Retention Scheme to cover ‘furloughed’ employees) for people and business.
You are not eligible for this grant if you are eligible for, or have received support from:
- The business rate grant from your Local Authority
- Economic resilience fund for SME and microbusinesses
- Self-Employment Income Support Scheme
- Welsh Government Start Up Grant
- Third Sector Resilience Fund
- The Mudiad Meithrin grant scheme
- Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme or the Bounce Bank Loan Scheme
The Childcare Provider Grant is open to applications from the 24th August 2020 until the fund is fully committed or 31st October 2020, whichever is earlier.
Applications will be dealt with on a first come first served basis. This may lead to applications not being appraised after they have been submitted if the fund is fully committed. The Welsh Government has absolute discretion on the duration and terms of the fund.