Important! Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital. Information and advice on coronavirus is available on the Public Health Wales website. Please check the information on the website before you decide whether you need to contact 111 (all Wales coronavirus service).
The latest official announcements from Powys County Council, Welsh Government, Powys Teaching Health Board, Public Health Wales and UK Government.
Powys county council:
Updates from our Services
- Building Control
- Business Support
- Children, Families and Young People
- Council Tax and Business Rates
- Environmental Health
- Information Compliance and Freedom of Information
- Libraries and Museums
- Licensing - Advice for alcohol licensing
- Licensing - Advice for the Taxi Trade
- Money advice for residents
- Social Care
- Waste and Recycling
We have served Covid-19 compliance notices to the following businesses for continuing to trade when they should have been closed:
- Llanymynech Golf Club
- Newtown Hand Car Wash, Newtown
- Bebbs Hand Car Wash, Newtown
Businesses must ensure ALL the correct safety measures are in place and that the current restrictions are adhered to.
Our Public Protection Officers help to ensure that businesses remain compliant. Please report any concerns to email@example.com / 01597 827460
- Volunteering: What's happening in Powys and how you can help
- Community Groups: A list of Coronavirus (COVID-19) Community pages on Facebook
- Powys Foodbanks: Find your nearest foodbank here
- Coronavirus Fraud and Scams: Information and advice about phishing emails, spoof websites, and many other scams as criminals are exploiting fears surrounding the Coronavirus.
Powys Teaching Health Board:
- Welsh Government have announced two schemes to help people self-isolate in Wales -
- Welsh Government 'Covid-19: Safer Public Places Guidance'
This is a guide for owners and operators of public places to help keep people safe ahead of restrictions being relaxed and places becoming busier. https://gov.wales/creating-safer-public-places-coronavirus
- Shielding Guidance
Full shielding guidance is available here:
An easy-read version is available here:
Help and support for businesses
Support packages for business in Wales during the coronavirus outbreak.
Public Health Wales:
Public Health Wales is working closely with the Welsh Government and the other UK public health agencies to carefully monitor the situation and implement their planned response, with measures in place to protect the health of the public.
Including self-isolation advice, travel advice, guidance for schools and information for parents or carers
This statement will be updated daily at 3pm
This morning (02/12/2020), the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency have 'given the green light'.
Medical Help and Advice
NHS Direct Wales and NHS 111 Wales:
Coronavirus (COVID-19) symptom checker
This symptom checker is suitable for anyone living in Wales and can be used for people of all ages.
This service can tell you if you need medical help and advise you what to do.
Use this service if:
- you think you might have coronavirus
- you've been in close contact with someone with coronavirus
- You need a self-isolation note for your employer
How to avoid catching or spreading coronavirus
wash your hands with soap and water regularly - do this for at least 20 seconds
always wash your hands when you get home or into work
use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
put used tissues in the bin straight away and wash your hands afterwards
try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean.