What is the Council doing on Climate Change?
Powys County Council declared a climate emergency on 24th September 2020. This included an ambition to reduce its carbon emissions to net zero, in line with the Welsh public sector target of 2030.
- As a partner on the Powys Public Service Board, the Council is contributing towards the preparation of a county wide Carbon Positive Strategy.
- Funding work in the community on climate change and supporting the local economy through the Arwain Leader Programme.
- Coordinating the preparation of a Mid Wales Energy Strategy on behalf of the Growing Mid Wales Partnership.
- Improving waste and recycling services.
- Installing EV Charging points in our communities.
- Installing solar panels on our schools and buildings.
- Constructing energy-efficient homes and schools. Providing new infrastructure to encourage cycling and walking and the use of public transport.