If you know the name of the person or department, phone our main number during office hours on:
For general enquiries phone: 01597 827460
In extreme circumstances, when our offices are closed Contact us out of hours
Deaf and speech impaired residents can now contact the council using the Relay UK service.
The service, previously known as Next Generation Text, provides a relay assistant who types and talks, as needed, to help a deaf or speech impaired person and a hearing person communicate.
Relay UK costs an extra 1p per minute to use, in addition to standard call charges, and can be used to connect with a customer using the app or a textphone.
If you are deaf, hard of hearing or speech impaired, dial 0870 240 9598.
- Call 0870 240 9598 from your phone.
- Within the app (Relay UK), 'Join' the call when prompted and you will see the message "Relay UK Please type the number you want to call GA."
- Enter the number of the person you want to call using the app's numeric keypad. At this point you are not connected to a relay assistant, so make sure you type rather than speak.
- You will then see "Relay UK Waiting for a free relay assistant" and shortly after, "Connected to Text Relay please wait."
- The relay assistant will then ask you the name of the person you want to call and try to connect you.
If you are using a textphone, the steps you need to take are similar, but you will be entering information onto the textphone screen instead.
Write to us at:
Powys County Hall
Spa Road East