Positive Risk Taking
Provided by Autism Wellbeing
- To support practitioners and carers with Positive risk taking with the identification of potential benefit or harm.
- What do we mean by risk? Professional, personal and carer views
- The legal and regulatory framework: the law, registered services, duty of care, partnership working
- Positive risk taking: making choices, identifying and weighing up risks, consequences
- Barriers people face when making choices: deficits models of disabled people, risk averse cultures in organisations
- Where does the risk lie? In the person or in the system?
- Overcoming barriers: best practice, partnership working, rights based approaches, building trusting relationships, strengths based approaches
- Case studies
- 11th November - 2pm - 5pm
There is no charge to attend these courses, however a cancellation charge may apply to non-attendance if sufficient notice is not given