Fourth Call for Applications
The fourth opportunity to submit applications for funding opens on Monday 2nd October 2023 and will close at 23:59 on Sunday 29th October 2023.
The fourth call will be targeted to the following investment priority area:
All Interventions within Multiply (see the Mid Wales Regional Investment Plan for further details - Mid Wales Regional Investment Plan)
- The timescale for delivery of the UK Shared Prosperity Fund (UKSPF) is short; in practice, all projects will need to be completed and final claims submitted by 31 December 2024, to allow time for closure of the programme. Applicants can include an element of retrospective expenditure within their application from 1 April 2023 otherwise, consider a start date of no earlier than 1 January 2024
- Considering the short period available for delivery, the Local Partnership will be seeking to support a relatively small number of larger, strategic projects.
- The maximum budget available within this priority area for 2023/24 is within the region of £750,000.
- The maximum budget available within this priority area for 2024/25 is within the region of £850,000. Expenditure for 2024-25 will be approved in principle. This will be dependent upon UK Government approving Powys County Council's funding allocation for 2024-25 which will not be confirmed until next financial year.
- UKSPF is predominantly a revenue fund, however elements of capital can be included within project expenditure. Applicants can choose to submit revenue only projects or projects seeking a combination of both.
- Operating in compliance with the new UK subsidy control regime which began on 4 January 2023, will be a key requirement for any project. All applicants should familiarise themselves with the requirements of the regime: https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/subsidy-control-regime
- Applicants will be required to detail how the proposed activity will align and support other local, regional or national strategies. Please see page 29 of the Mid Wales Investment Plan for examples.
- In submitting an application, you will authorise the local authority/authorities to make the necessary enquiries to check any information that is required for the administration of the UKSPF programme.
- There is a one stage application process. Applications will be accepted from 02/10/2023 until 23:59 on 29/10/2023. Completed applications will be appraised by the Powys Local Delivery Team and the Powys Shared Prosperity Fund Local Partnership.
- Please go to How to Apply to download the application form and guidance.
- Completed application forms for the Powys Shared Prosperity Fund should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline.
- Any queries regarding your application should be directed to the email@example.com email.
- Regional bids will be considered; please contact the team via the firstname.lastname@example.org email to discuss requirements.
Future opportunities will be shared on this website, by press release and via our mailing list. Please contact the Powys Local Delivery Team via the email@example.com email, if you wish to be added to our mailing list.