Toggle mobile menu visibility

View full notice

Notice: Do you need help with your benefits?

Adaptations at Home

house adaptations

You may be eligible for a Grant to make changes to the property if you need more than equipment to meet your needs such as level access showers, stairlifts and ramped access.

The Disabled Facilities Grant is for adults and children who:

  • own and live in their own home in Powys.
  • are private tenants.
  • have a permanent and substantial disability.
  • are struggling with daily tasks.

Alternative funding is available for tenants in housing association and council owned properties.

Further Welsh Government information on the Disabled Facility Grant.

Mobility scooters

Please note that if you are considering the purchase of a mobility scooter, you will also need to consider how you will store and charge it before you make a purchase. We only provide ramps for wheelchairs that have been prescribed by health professionals and we don't provide storage and charging facilities for scooters.