How do I get help with mental illness?
First, go to see your GP. There are lots of things they can do to help. If you need more in-depth help, they will be able to refer you to the Primary Mental Health staff who help people who have:
- anxiety and panic attacks
- difficulty coping with life events.
- advice and support to use self-help materials
- cognitive therapy courses
- stress management courses
- evidence-based talking therapy sessions to overcome common problems
- referral to longer term support if needed.
If you need longer term support, you will usually be referred to the local Community Mental Health Team, where you will have access to health staff and social workers.
Free to call from landlines, payphones and mobiles