Notice: Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Read more

Where can I get help with domestic abuse?


If you, or anyone you know is affected by domestic abuse or sexual violence, then a good starting point for advice is the national fear free helpline : 0808 8010800


Go to the Live Fear Free website

Local agencies you can also approach include:


Dyfed Powys Police

Dyfed Powys Police logo

Domestic abuse is a crime, and the risks are high, if you are in danger call 999.

Dyfed-Powys police also operate "Clare's law" a scheme that gives people the ability to find out if their partner, or potential partner, or the partner of a family member/friend has a history of abuse or violence. You can find out more details about this scheme here

Montgomeryshire Family Crisis Centre (MFCC)

Montgomeryshire Family crisis logo

MFCC provide refuges and services to victims and survivors in the North of Powys (Newtown, Welshpool and Machynlleth)

You can contact MFCC on:

  • The 24 hour crisis line hotline 01686 629114
  • The office is open from 9 to 4 at Tŷ Canol House, Ffordd Croesawdy, Newtown, Powys, SY16 1AL.
  • General enquiries can be made by phoning 01686 629114 or emailing:
  • Their website

Calan DVS

Calan DVS logo

Calan DVS provide refuges and services to victims and survivors in the South of Powys (Llandrindod, Brecon and Ystradgynlias)

You can contact Calan DVS:

Hafan Cymru

Hafan Cymru logo

Powys Council has contracted Hafan Cymru to provide In Independent Domestic Violence Advisors (IDVAs) to provide safety advice, information and support to high-risk victims of domestic abuse. They receive referrals from the police, from social services and from the health authority.

Hafan Cymru is also funded by the Welsh Government to deliver the Spectrum project at schools.

You can contact Hafan Cymru

  • By phoning (01874) 620030 or (01597) 827996
  • At their office: Room 5, Steeple House, Steeple Lane, Brecon LD3 7DJ, or Old Grosvenor Bakery, Wellington Road, Llandrindod Wells, Powys LD1 5NF
  • By emailing  them at
  • Their website

Ask Me

Ask Me logo

Ask Me is a project started by Womens Aid that is developing a network of Ask Me Ambassadors who can provide support and advice to victims and other residents affected by domestic abuse.

If you are interested in becoming an ask me ambassador you can find out about local training courses by emailing

You can find out more information here

Powys Council Housing Services

Housing staff can discuss your housing options with you. We can help you find somewhere safe to stay as well as helping you plan for the long term.

Contact us and we will assess your situation and do the best to meet your needs.

You can find out more information here


National Organisations who can also help:
Welsh Womens AidTel 0808 8010800
Polish Domestic Violence HelplineTel 0800 061 4004
Network for Surviving StalkingTel 0808 8020300
National Men's Advice LineTel 0808 801 0327 
Galop: Making life safe, just and fair for lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans people.Tel 020 7704 2040
The Survivors TrustTel 0808 8010818



  • Email:
  • Phone: 0345 602 7050
  • Address: Powys County Hall, Spa Road East, Llandrindod Wells, Powys, LD1 5LG


Feedback about a page here


Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon Email icon


Print icon