This grant aims to support talented athletes with the costs of their training programmes and participation in competitions. There is a limit of £100 or 50% of the total costs, whichever is the smaller. All applications will be judged on merit but due to limited funds support is not guaranteed. In trying to be equitable, first time applicants will be favoured over repeat applicants.
- Live in Powys (must have permanent residency in Powys but may compete outside of Powys to access essential competition standards);
- Participate in a sport recognised by Sport Wales;
- Current member of a National Team or Playing Squad, or top 20 Welsh age group ranking, in last 12 months;
- Club or School must be affiliated to the Partnership;
- Not received maximum grant of £100 in last two years;
- Not received more than 3 grant payments in total;
- Not already receiving grant aid from Sport Wales, UK Sport or own National Governing Body, and not a professional athlete (full or part time)