Markets, stalls and street trading
You must apply for a licence to trade on a public highway.
Contact the local town council for general information about particular markets. Contact us if you want a pitch at Newtown Market Hall or at Knighton, Builth and Brecon Market Halls.
Information about particular markets can be obtained by contacting the local Town Council for the relevant market as follows:
- Contact Hay-On-Wye at email@example.com
- Contact Crickhowell at www.visitcrickhowell.co.uk
- Contact Newtown at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Machynlleth at email@example.com
- Contact Llanidloes at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Montgomery at email@example.com
- Contact Welshpool at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Brecon (Tuesday & Friday Markets only) at https://www.facebook.com/BreconMarket/
Street Trading Licences
We strictly control traders who sell goods from mobile units on the public highway.
For certain streets in Newtown, a street trading consent is required.
For all other parts of the county, contact the Highways Authority and police to ask for permission.
Apply for a Street Trading Licence
Contact us for an application form using the details on this page.
If you haven't heard from us within 42 days of making your application, you can assume that your application has been granted
You will be charged a fee for this licence.
If you're unhappy about our decision, please contact us to discuss it.
If you have a complaint about a street trader, please contact us using the details on this page.