Housing Licence fees and charges
Houses in Multiple Occupation Fees
Mandatory HMO Licence Fees:
- The Basic licence fee is £750 for up to 5 rooms and must be paid in full with the application.
- There will be an additional charge for 6 - 10 rooms of £25 per room, 11 or more rooms will attract an additional charge of £40 per room.
Additional HMO Licence Fees:
- Basic fee for 3 storey building (5 year duration) - £750
- Additional fee for larger premises (over 3 storey) - £100 (per flat)
The correct and full licence fee must accompany the completed application form.
Empty flats shall be exempt but only if subject to appropriate Council Tax exemption.
In certain circumstances the authority will reduce the above fee by the following amounts in situations where;
- An appropriate scale drawing of the complete property is provided - £100
- The landlord / fit & proper person is accredited under the Landlord
- Accreditation Wales Scheme (before 1st September 2015) or is
- Registered under Rent Smart Wales (after 1st September 2015.) - £100