Bereavement and Loss Training
Due to financial pressures we are sorry to inform you that we are unable to provide tea and coffee at the training events during 2019-2020, we advise that you take drinks and a packed lunch with you to events.
JMG Training & Consultancy
This workshop aims to provide the participants with an opportunity to explore both theoretical and practical issues involved in working with individuals approaching the end of their lives and in supporting their families.
Key Learning Outcomes
- Understand personal feelings about death and dying and how such feelings may influence the delivery of care
- Recognise approaches to communicating with clients and relatives as death is approaching
- Awareness of the concept of a 'good death' and how their care may contribute to this
- An overview of current theoretical concepts of grief
- Demonstrate new skills in caring for those approaching death, showing how their practice can facilitate a 'good death' and be able to understand how relatives may respond when grieving
There is no charge to attend these courses, however a cancellation charge may apply to non-attendance if sufficient notice is not given