Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training - ASIST Awareness
Course Provider: New Pathways
- ASIST aims to improve the methods used by all health, social care and emergency services professionals to support people at risk of suicide.
- Recognise that caregivers and persons at risk are affected by personal and societal attitudes about suicide.
- Discuss suicide in a direct manner with someone at risk.
Key Learning Outcomes
- Identify risk alerts and develop related safeplans.
- Demonstrate the skills required to intervene with a person at risk of suicide.
- List the types of resources available to a person at risk, including him or herself.
- Recognise that suicide prevention is broader than suicide first-aid and includes life promotion and self-care for caregivers.
|29th & 30th November 2018||Media Resource Centre Llandrindod Wells.||9.00am - 5.00pm|
There is no charge to attend these courses, however a cancellation charge may apply to non-attendance if sufficient notice is not given