Who is a Blue Badge for
Who can get a Blue Badge
A blue badge makes it easier for disabled people to park closer to their destination. Their disability must be substantial and more than 12 months in duration. In addition, applicants must be:
- unable to walk
- or have considerable difficulty walking
- people with cognitive impairments may now apply (Under the difficulty walking tab)
- an applicant may be a driver or passenger
Blue badges for organisations
- A blue badge can be issued to organisations responsible for the care and transport of disabled people. It can be issued when an organisation's vehicle is used to transport disabled people who would normally qualify for a badge.
- There is a fee of £10.00 per badge.
Welsh Government guidance notes that taxi, private hire and community transport operators are unlikely to be eligible for organisational blue badges. This is because they do not usually deal with the care of disabled people who meet the eligibility criteria. Yet, such operators can use an individual's blue badge when carrying that person as a passenger.