Due to financial pressures we are sorry to inform you that we are unable to provide tea and coffee at the training events during 2019-2020, we advise that you take drinks and a packed lunch with you to events.
Those who attend this course should also attend Compassionate Communication
This 1-day training course is aimed at students and professionals who want to gain knowledge and insight into the experience of a person living with dementia.
- Guide trainees through a series of experiential exercises which provides a powerful insight into the experience of dementia
- Invite trainees to engage with the emotional and psychological experience of dementia, exploring the questions "What if it was me living with dementia, how would I feel, what would I need?"
- Develop compassionate perspectives and a greater understanding between staff, people living with dementia and family members
- Provide a space for trainees to share practice and reflect on experiences
The training reflects the provisions, principles and vision set out in:
- Dementia Action Plan for Wales (Welsh Government, 2018-22)
- Good Work - A Dementia Learning and Development Framework for Wales (Public Health Wales, Social Care Wales, NHS, Welsh Government, 2016)
- The Social Services and Wellbeing (Wales) Act 2014
|22nd September 2020||Cartrefi Cymru, Brecon||9.30am - 4.30pm|
|6th October 2020||NPTC, Newtown||9.30am - 4.30pm|
|4th November 2020||Cartrefi Cymru, Llandrindod Wells||9.30am - 4.30pm|
There is no charge to attend these courses, however a cancellation charge may apply to non-attendance if sufficient notice is not given