Child Sexual Explotation, Online Abuse, Grooming & Social Media
Due to financial pressures we are sorry to inform you that we are unable to provide tea and coffee at the training events during 2019-2020, we advise that you take drinks and a packed lunch with you to events.
Course Provider: The Training Hub
This course enables carers to gain knowledge and awareness of the issues that surround this topic and the impact of this type of abuse, as well as what can be done to help and support victims of sexual exploitation.
Internet Safety & Social Networking - The aim of this course is to increase awareness of, and understand the risks involved with, what children see and hear on the internet. This includes who they meet and what they share about themselves online. Through this understanding, you will be able to implement procedures to keep children safe.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To gain an understanding of what child sexual exploitation is and the different models
- To identify the key signs and indicators of risk/vulnerability for child sexual exploitation
- To gain an understanding of trafficking, grooming, and child sexual exploitation in gangs and groups
- To gain an understanding of the long and short-term impacts of child sexual exploitation
- To gain knowledge of how and where to get help and support for children and young people
- To identify technologies used online
- To identify specific issues children will face with the use of the internet
- To understand how young people can use the internet to access inappropriate and unsuitable websites
- To identify children's behaviour that exposes then to greater risks online
- To understand the potential effects that this may have on their development and behaviour
- To understand how paedophiles use the internet to reach young people
- To identify the principles of online privacy and understand how this can be managed through social media and other online activities
|10th March 2020||Cartrefi Cymru Office, Llandrindod Wells||10am - 3pm|
There is no charge to attend these courses, however a cancellation charge may apply to non-attendance if sufficient notice is not given