Emotional Harm & Neglect
Due to financial pressures we are sorry to inform you that we are unable to provide tea and coffee at the training events during 2019-2020, we advise that you take drinks and a packed lunch with you to events.
Course Provider: The Training Hub
The impact of emotional harm and neglect should not be under-estimated upon children and young people, whether they are living with or without their family. Deliberately attempting to scare or humiliate a child, or excluding, isolating or ignoring them can have devastating consequences on behaviour, self-esteem, and mental health.
- Understand the causes and definitions of emotional abuse and neglect
- Understand the legal context for intervention
- Recognise the signs and symptoms and impact of emotional abuse and neglect on child development and outcomes for children
- Have an awareness of the issues involved in working together - with parents and across professional boundaries
- Develop methods of understanding and working with the emotional impact on professionals of dealing with emotional abuse and neglect
|19th March 2020||Cartrefi Cymru Office, Llandrindod Wells||10am - 3pm|
There is no charge to attend these courses, however a cancellation charge may apply to non-attendance if sufficient notice is not given