Assessing the Needs of Children in Situations of Parental Learning Disabilities
Due to financial pressures we are sorry to inform you that we are unable to provide tea and coffee at the training events during 2019-2020, we advise that you take drinks and a packed lunch with you to events.
Course Provider: The Training Hub
Overview: Working to support learning disabled parents and ensure that their children are safe requires an understanding of the multiplicity of risk factors facing learning disabled parents and their children. This course will build on established assessment frameworks and provide participants with up to date knowledge and skills that will assist them to conduct effective assessments and work alongside families and their children to both need and reduce risk.
Course aim: This one day course aims to consider how to ensure that children of learning disabled parents are effectively safeguarded.
Participants will be offered the opportunity to:
- Recognise what learning disability means for parenting and safeguarding.
- Consider the risk factors facing learning disabled parents from a transactional perspective.
- Determine how to work effectively with learning disabled parents to ensure safety for their children.
- Describe current research knowledge in relation to learning disabled parents and safeguarding.
- Use risk assessment frameworks where parents have a learning disability.
- Access assessment tools designed for work with parents with a learning disability.
- Consider the roles of different professionals within the process of assessment and safeguarding.
|25th March 2020||Cartrefi Cymru Office, Llandrindod Wells||10am - 4pm|
There is no charge to attend these courses, however a cancellation charge may apply to non-attendance if sufficient notice is not given