Assessing the Needs of Children of Substances and/or Alcohol Misusing Parents
Due to financial pressures we are sorry to inform you that we are unable to provide tea and coffee at the training events during 2020-2021, we advise that you take drinks and a packed lunch with you to events.
Course Provider: The Training Hub
To provide participants with an opportunity to develop their understanding of how appropriate assessment of risk can be used to consider the impact of parental substance use on children. And to plan appropriate child focused responses. The course will be underpinned by appropriate research, theory and knowledge drawn from service user reports, serious case reviews, inspections and government inquiries.
- differentiate between different drugs, their effects and potential impact on parenting capacity
- consider how attitudes and values may affect our responses where parents are using drugs and/or alcohol
- consider research findings which identify the impact of parental substance use on children, and to use this research to inform an assessment of need
- consider factors to take into account when assessing parents who use drugs and/or alcohol and how this can be included in effective, child focused plans
- consider approaches more likely to engage parents in addressing drug/alcohol problems
- consider how to promote effective multi-agency networking to inform the assessment process.
|26th March 2020||Cartrefi Cymru Office, Llandrindod Wells||10am - 4pm|
There is no charge to attend these courses, however a cancellation charge may apply to non-attendance if sufficient notice is not given