Engineering Design Services
The Engineering Design Service (EDS) forms part of Powys County Councils Highways and Technical Services. The department comprises around 45 staff and has teams based in Llandrindod Wells, Newtown and Brecon. EDS employs professionally and academically qualified Engineers, Technicians and Ecologists, delivering a wide range of diverse projects.
What we do:
Highway Design & Maintenance. Structural/Bridge Design & Maintenance. Structural Inspections. Structural Assessments. Road Safety Audits. Traffic Engineering. Transport Engineering. Flood Alleviation. Drainage. T98 Inspections. Infrastructure Engineering. Environmental/Ecology Impact Assessments. Protected Species Surveys. Geotechnical Engineering. Development Control Advice. Project Management. Contract Preparation/Procurement & Administration. Site Supervision. CDM advice. Principal Designer role. Topographic Surveys.
Some of our clients:
Powys County Council: Network Management, Traffic, Transport, Development Control, Property, Schools, Housing, Planning, Environmental Health, Leisure, Rights of Way, Regeneration, Land Drainage, Heart of Wales Property Service.
- Welsh Government
- North & Mid Wales Trunk Road Agency
- Network Rail
- Brecon Beacons National Park Authority
- Ceredigion County Council
- Gwynedd County Council.
- Design Manager - Gareth Price
- Principal Engineer (North) - Robert Gilman
- Principal Engineer (South) - James Harley
- Principal Engineer (Projects) - Simon Kendrick
- Principal Engineer (Structures) - Alastair Edwards
- Principal Engineer (Works) - Robert Williams
- Planning & Highway Ecologist - Rachel Probert
ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Systems
ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management Systems (operated under Powys County Council certified system)
ISO 45001:2018 Occupational Health & Safety Management Systems
(Powys County Council - Central Wales Infrastructure Collaboration)