Carers awareness - Recognising and supporting Young and Adult Carers in your workplace and in your service
Trainers: Eve Lambrick from Credu
This course will help you play your part in helping Young and Adult Carers have the same life chances as others.
- Evidence shows that carers provide 96% of care in Wales and save the Welsh services over £8billion. In spite of this important role, Carers can have poorer health, education and financial outcomes than the non-carer population but early identification of carers and support can change this.
- By thinking carer, thinking family, you can help carers care and get the most out of life.
Identifying, signposting and supporting in a way that is
- Person centred
- Focuses on a person's strengths as well as challenges
- Focuses on outcomes / solutions that are important to the person
- Gain and overview of who young and adult carers are
- Gain an overview of the law in relation to young and adult carers
- Explore how to identify young and adult Carers in your role
- Develop ways to recognise value and support young and adult Carers in your role
- Find further sources of information and support
You will have to register for the training. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the Training.
Online Zoom platform with breakaway rooms for discussions and learning.
Dates: (10am - 12pm)
- 8th March 2023 - 10am - 12pm
- 9th May 2023 - 10am - 12pm
- 26th July 1pm - 3pm
- 16th November 2023 - 10am - 12pm
- 19th February 2024 - 2pm - 4pm.
There is no charge to attend these courses, however a cancellation charge may apply to non-attendance if sufficient notice is not given
Express an interest in this course here Expression of Interest Form for Training Courses
Feedback about a page here