People Handling Foundation
'People Handling Foundation' is a practical moving and handling course highlighting the safest methods for care staff to use when transferring service-users both with and without designated manual handling equipment. The course complies with the standard required by the 'All Wales M&H Passport' and is a mandatory requirement for all adult social care staff in both public and private sector employment. Updates are required annually to ensure all care staff are working safely for both their physical safety and the safety and comfort of their service-users.
To ensure adult social care staff are working as safely as possible with their service-users and using all provided manual handling equipment appropriately. Reducing chances of physical injuries to both themselves and their service-users. Also complying with employers legal obligations under the Health & Safety at Work Act and Manual Handling Operations Regulations guidelines.
Who Should Attend:
Adult social care staff in both public and private sector employment are required to attend this mandatory training. This course will also appeal to Personal Assistants directly employed by Service-users.
- Learners will have complied with their legal obligations to attend mandatory training.
- Learners will become competent in transferring service-users by safe physical means under trainer supervision.
- Learners will apply principles of safer handling to all loads.
- Learners will become competent in transferring service-users using provided manual handling equipment under trainer supervision which is issued by Powys County Council Occupational Therapists.
- Learners will be able to identify relevant manual handling legislation.
- Learners will use manual handling equipment safely.
- Introduction to Sitting, Standing and Assisted Walking Techniques.
- Introduction to Lateral Transfers.
- Introduction to Hoisting & Sling use.
- Introduction to Bed Mobility and Glide-sheet use.
- Introduction to 'Single-handed Care Practices'.
- Introduction to LOLER & PUWER H&S legislation.
09.00 - 16.30
Half an hour for lunch.
Course Dates & Cost: Contact email@example.com
At present 6 learners per course due to space limitations.
Powys County Council employees can book onto this course via iTrent Self Service. For all other applicants, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Powys County Council, Organisational Design and Development