How your council tax is spent 2023-24
£100 a month looks like this...
- Schools - £34
- Social care - £35
- Roads, transport and recycling - £12
- Corporate costs e.g.council tax reduction scheme (Council tax reduction scheme pays for part of the Council Tax bill on behalf of those households on a low income), levies, external audit, borrowing costs - £7
- Property, planning and public protection - £2
- Finance services - £2
- Housing and community developments - £3
- Economy and Digital services - £2
- Legal and democratic services - £1
- Transformation and communication - £1
- Workforce and organisational development - £1
The cost of borrowing which is used to fund the capital programme for things like building new schools, council housing and highways infrastructure.