How your council tax is spent 2022-23
£100 a month looks like this...
- Schools - £35.81
- Social care - £34.84
- Roads, transport and recycling - £12.08
- Corporate costs (inc. council tax reduction scheme (Council tax reduction scheme pays for part of the Council Tax bill on behalf of those households on a low income.), levies, external audit, borrowing costs) - £5.95
- Property, planning and public protection - £2.88
- Finance services - £2.13
- Housing and community development (inc. leisure, libraries and countryside services) - £2.06
- Digital services - £1.45
- Legal and democratic services - £1.10
- Transformation and communication - 60p
- Workforce and organisational development - 73p
- Regeneration 37p
The cost of borrowing which is used to fund the capital programme for things like building new schools, council housing and highways infrastructure.