Other ways for someone to act on your behalf


If someone receives Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) benefits the DWP can authorise someone to act on their behalf. This person or organisation is called an 'appointee'.


If you get benefits from the Department of Work and Pensions, you can arrange for someone to deal with your benefits on your behalf. The Court of Protection issues Deputyship Orders which allow someone else to look after your savings or other assets.

For more information, see our section about Help with benefits and money issues.


Did you know you can nominate someone to vote on your behalf?

Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon Email icon


Print icon