NEW! Paperless billing for Council Tax and Business Rates

Read more about View full notice

Dual Sensory Loss

If you have a 'dual sensory loss', that is, a significant difficulty with both your hearing and your sight, it can cause problems with:

  • mobility and getting out and about
  • communication
  • dealing with correspondence
  • managing daily tasks

You can request an assessment of all your sensory needs through either the Hearing Loss or Visual Loss services provided by Powys Social Services.

Other people who can help

Telephone aids: A variety of aids are available through British Telecom. BT will provide some equipment such as an Extension Bell, free of charge to customers who are hard of hearing or deaf. Ring Freephone: 0800 800 150 for details.

Flashing smoke alarms: These can be fitted by the Fire Service and are free of charge.  Tel: 0800 3899279



  • Email:
  • Phone: 01597 827666
  • Address: Services for Deaf and Hard of Hearing People, The Gwalia, Ithon Road, Llandrindod Wells, Powys, LD1 6AA


Feedback about a page here


Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon Email icon


Print icon