What Happens when you Report Adult Abuse
Every safeguarding concern about abuse of an adult at risk is taken seriously.
Depending on the nature of your safeguarding concern, various teams may become involved. The most appropriate team relating to the concerns you have raised will take a further look into the situation, and you can be assured that it is being taken seriously and followed up.
In some circumstances, we may not be able to share further information on the progress or outcome with you. Each situation is different, and we will consider the person at risk or their representative's wishes and proportionate, appropriate information sharing in order to keep people safe.
When you report abuse/ neglect we will:
- listen to you
- take your concerns seriously
- respond sensitively
- consider any immediate danger that the vulnerable adult may be in
- talk to the police if it is a criminal matter
- make enquiries about the concerns
- consider the wishes of the adult at risk
- develop a plan with the adult that will keep them safe in the future
Action may be taken against the person causing them harm.
Emergency Duty Team 0300 333 2222 (Delta Wellbeing out of hours service)