What happens when you report adult abuse

Your concern will be taken seriously and will be followed up by trained and experienced staff who have responsibility for adult protection.

This includes the police, health and social services, or the Care and Social Services Inspectorate Wales.

We won't usually act without the agreement of the person who might have been abused. However, we will have to do something if other people could be at risk. Action may also be taken if the victim doesn't have the mental capacity to make decisions about keeping themselves safe or report what has happened.

If a crime might have been committed the police will get involved.

If no crime has been committed, health and social services staff may investigate.

The aim of an adult protection investigation is to find out if the person has been harmed, to find out what happened and to make sure that they - and anyone else who might be at risk - is safe.

Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon Email icon


Print icon