GO GREEN with Paperless billing for Council Tax and Business Rates

Read more about View full notice

Complaints about County Councillors

Complaints against County Councillors should be sent to the Public Services Ombudsman for Wales at:

Public Services Ombudsman for Wales
1 Ffordd yr Hen Gae
CF35 5LJ

Phone: 0300 790 0203
Website: www.ombudsman-wales.org.uk/


How to get advice

The County Council does not investigate complaints from the public about County Councillors. Advice regarding your complaint can be sought by contacting the Monitoring Officer.

Phone: 01597 826746

Monitoring Officer
Powys County Hall
Spa Road East
Llandrindod Wells


What you can complain about

All Councillors are bound by the Council's Code of Conduct. Only complaints where it is believed that a Councillor may have breached this code of conduct should be sent to the Public Services Ombudsman.

What is the Code of Conduct?

The Code sets out a number of general principles which Councillors must follow when undertaking their public duties and covers issues such as:-

  • standards of personal behaviour;
  • relationships with members of the public, paid council officials and other councillors
  • procedures for registering and declaring personal interests;
  • procedures for dealing with any offers of gifts or hospitality 

As part of the ethical framework for local government set out in the Local Government Act 2000, every Councillor when elected and before they take up office has to sign a declaration agreeing to abide by their Council's Code of Conduct.

View the Code of Conduct here




Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon Email icon


Print icon