If you're not a British national

If you or your partner is not a British national, please contact the Superintendent Registrar for more information as the rules may be different.

Couples who are subject to immigration control and who wish to get married or register a civil partnership in the United Kingdom can find information at the UK Border Agency website

People subject to Immigration Control can only give Notice of Marriage/Notice of Civil Partnership at certain designated register offices. For Powys, this is in Llandrindod Wells.  Other designated offices are located at in Shrewsbury, Aberystwyth, Swansea, Cardiff and Gloucester.

The law says that Registration Officers must report any marriage they suspect has been arranged for the sole purpose of evading immigration laws.

Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon Email icon


Print icon