NOTICE: Powys schools update

Read more about View full notice

Ask for a copy certificate

We can supply copy certificates for births, deaths, marriages, and civil partnerships that took place in Powys.

You may need these for official purposes, e.g. applying for passports, pensions or winter fuel payments.


To issue a copy, we'll need to know:

  • Full name of the person or people concerned
  • Date and place of birth/death/marriage/civil partnership
  • If possible, parents' names, as these help us double check the registers to make sure we have the right record.

If the certificate is for an adopted person, your application has to be made to:

General Register Office (ACR),
Smedley Hydro, 
PR8 2HH.

Obtaining family history certificates is a different process.


Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon Email icon


Print icon