Notice: Housing rent account balances in My Account
Read more

Summary of forms and certificates

Listed below are some of the forms and certificates you will be given by doctors and Coroners. The list explains when and where you get each form.

When registering a deathYou will usually getFrom
If the death is not referred to a coronerMedical CertificateDoctor
In all casesFormal NoticeDoctor
If a baby is stillbornMedical Certificate of StillbirthDoctor or Midwife
If the death is referred to a Coroner but there is no inquestNotification by the Coroner (Pink Form B/form 100)Coroner (this is usually sent to the Registrar, but you may be asked to deliver it)
If there is an inquest and the body is to be buriedOrder for burial (form 101)Coroner
If there is a post-mortem or an inquest and the body is to be crematedCertificate for Cremation (form E)Coroner
If the body is to be moved out of England or WalesRemoval Notice (form 104)Coroner

Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon Email icon


Print icon