NOTICE: Garden Waste update

Read more about View full notice

Summary of forms and certificates

Listed below are some of the forms and certificates you will be given by doctors and Coroners. The list explains when and where you get each form.

In all cases you will receive a Formal Notice from the doctor.

If the death is not referred to a coroner

You will usually get a medical certificate from the doctor.

If a baby is stillborn

You will usually get Medical Certificate of Stillbirth from the doctor or midwife.

If the death is referred to a Coroner but there is no inquest

You will usually get Notification by the Coroner (Pink Form B/form 100) from the Coroner (this is usually sent to the Registrar, but you may be asked to deliver it)

If there is an inquest and the body is to be buried

You will usually get Order for burial (form 101) from the Coroner

If there is a post-mortem or an inquest and the body is to be cremated

You will usually get Certificate for Cremation (form E) from the Coroner

If the body is to be moved out of England or Wales

You will usually get Removal Notice (form 104) from the Coroner


Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon Email icon


Print icon