Archives: Privacy Notice
In order to provide the Archives Service to you, we collect and hold some personal information about you. This will include:
- Name, address, contact details including phone number and email address
- Your subject of research and any research that we have carried out for you
- Items that you have deposited or gifted to us
- Items that we have copied for you, items that you have photographed, and items that have been licensed for your use
- Date, method and amounts for any payments that you made plus any non-payments for research
We need to use this information so that we can provide the Archives Service to you. In particular, we collect information for our visitor book; processing new deposits; processing copies, photo permits, licences, and research; our mailing list; and recruiting volunteers.
How we use this information
Your information will only be used for the purpose that it was collected i.e. to process a new deposit or for a copyright agreement.
We will only add your contact details to our mailing list if we have had your explicit consent.
Who can see this information
The data that we hold about you is saved onto a secure computer network, accessible by Powys Archives and Information Management staff only.
Hard copies of forms, our accession register and depositors book are kept securely.
Accuracy of data
It is important that the information we hold about you is accurate. If any of your details change, please contact us as soon as possible so that we can update your records.
Find out more
The information on this page describes the data held by the Archives Service. For more information on how Powys County Council secures your personal data, including your rights as a data subject, please see our Corporate Privacy Notice