Appeal against a parking fine

If you think you shouldn't have been issued with a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN), you can write to Wales Penalty Processing Partnership(WPPP) within 14 days of the date on the PCN explaining why you feel that the PCN should be cancelled.

Please make sure that you include the ten character PCN number (e.g PP51235123) and your name and address so that we can reply to you.

You will still be able to pay at a 50% discount until a challenge has been considered and a decision is made.

If you're unhappy with the result of your challenge, you can make a formal appeal to the Traffic Penalty Tribunal, the national parking appeals adjudication service. You must do this within 14 days of your first challenge being rejected.


You must make your appeal in writing. Send it:

Please do not send any correspondence direct to Powys County Council.

Useful links

Know your parking rights

Parking and Traffic Regulation Outside London

Wales Penalty Processing Partnership


Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon Email icon


Print icon