Award in Education and Training (Level 3)
Award in Education and Training (Level 3) is an introduction to teaching / training that will give an insight into the roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training, how to plan and deliver inclusive teaching sessions and how to assess and give constructive feedback. This course helps individuals who are new to delivering training to develop an understanding of how to deliver inclusive and engaging training programmes that meet learners' needs
Who Should Attend?
This qualification replaces the PTLLS qualification and provides an introduction to teaching for individuals. Anyone who conducts training within their work environment is now expected to have achieved the Award in Education and Training Level 3 as a minimum standard.
- Develop understanding of the teaching role and responsibilities
- Learn how to maintain a safe and supportive learning environment
- Plan, deliver and evaluate inclusive teaching and learning
- Develop understanding of the types and methods of assessment used in education and training
- Learn how to involve learners and others in the assessment process
- Understand requirements for keeping records
- Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
- Understanding and using inclusive teaching and learning approaches in education and training
- Understanding assessment in education and training
5 days (Time: 09:30 to 16:30)
Course Dates and Prices
£450 per person
Cabin Training Room, County Hall, Llandrindod Wells
There is a minimum requirement for participants to take part in microteaching. The course requires a high degree of commitment and learners will be expected to undertake homework activities, they should be computer literate and have a good level of English.
Powys County Council employees can book onto this course via iTrent Self Service. For all other applicants, please register your interest using our online form here