Risk Assessment (Principles) Level 2
By the end of this Level 2 course the participant will be able to perform risk assessments with confidence. This will help you to protect your staff and business, as well as comply with the law.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who has to carry out risk assessments in the workplace. The Award in Risk Assessment teaches candidates how to carry out a risk assessment in line with the Health and Safety Executive initiative: Five Steps to Risk Assessment. This leads to a Level 2 qualification.
Upon completion of the qualification, learners will:
- Understand the importance of risk assessments
- Understand the principles of controlling risks
- Understand how a risk assessment is undertaken.
The qualification covers the following topics:
- Reasons for conducting risk assessments
- Main legislation relating to risk assessment
- Identifying health and safety hazards
- Identifying who might be harmed and how
- Calculating an appropriate risk rating
- Identifying and evaluating existing control measures
- Applying the hierarchy of controls
- Recording the findings of a risk assessment
- Making recommendations based on the findings
- Reviewing and revising a risk assessment
Course Dates and Prices
Cost £65 per person
Powys County Council employees can book onto this course via iTrent Self Service. For all other applicants, please register your interest using our online form here