First Aid at Work (Emergency) Level 3 Training - (1 Day)
This 1 day course complies with the Health & Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981 and the Approved Code of Practice L74 guidelines for qualifications of workplace First Aiders. This course provides delegates with a basic training in first aid.
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for people who want to receive training in emergency first aid and is suited for those who may be required to carry out first aid in a working environment.
On completion of the Emergency First Aid course candidates will understand: -
- Principles of first aid.
- The action to be taken in the event of an emergency.
- The correct method of basic life support
- AED (Use of an AED, chain of survival)
- The Emergency First Aid course will include:
- Aims and principles of first aid
- What to do in an emergency
- Management of the unconscious casualty including CPR
- Assessment and treatment of a casualty who is wounded or bleeding
- Assessment and treatment of burns and scalds
- Dealing with seizures
- Choking (Adult)
- Health & Safety (First Aid) Regulations
1 Day (Time: 09:30 - 16:30)
Course Dates and Prices
Cost £45 per person
Cabin Training Room, County Hall, Llandrindod Wells
Irfon Training Room, Antur Gwy, Builth Wells
There are 4 x Practical assessments, 1 x Theory assessment (Multiple Choice Question Paper) and continuous formative assessment conducted throughout the course.
Successful completion of this course leads to a regulated Level 3 Emergency First Aid at Work qualification which lasts for a period of 3 years. ID will be required.
Powys County Council employees can book onto this course via iTrent Self Service. For all other applicants, please register your interest using our online form here