First Aid at Work - Level 3 Training - (3 Day)
This course complies with the Health & Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981 and the Approved Code of Practice L74 guidelines for qualifications of workplace First Aiders.
Who Should Attend?
This is a regulated and nationally recognised qualification, specifically designed for those who are appointed to act as a first aider in their workplace. It is also ideal for people who have a specific responsibility to provide first aid in voluntary and community activities.
At the end of the First Aid at Work course candidates will be able to:
- Assess and prioritise a first aid incident
- Deal with an unconscious casualty
- Carry out resuscitation (CPR)
- Control bleeding and manage shock
- Deal with injuries to bones, muscles and joints
- Deal with a casualty suffering burns and scalds
- Manage eye injuries
- Deal with casualties overcome by fumes or suffering from poisoning
- Deal with a broad range of common injuries and illnesses until the arrival of medical care
- Maintain first aid records
- Use and maintain first aid kits
- AED (Use of a AED, chain of survival, safety considerations)
3 days (Time: 09:30 to 16:30)
Course Dates and Prices
Cost £160 per person
There are 6 x Practical assessments, 2 x Theory assessments (Multiple Choice Question Papers) and continuous formative assessment conducted throughout the course. Successful completion of this course leads to a regulated Level 3 First Aid at Work qualification which lasts for a period of 3 years. ID will be required.
Powys County Council employees can book onto this course via iTrent Self Service. For all other applicants, please register your interest using our online form here