IOSH Managing Safely Training (4 Day Course)
Managing Safely is designed for managers and supervisors in any sector, and any organisation worldwide. They won't suddenly become safety experts - but they'll get up-to-speed on the practical actions they need to take, and gain the knowledge and tools to tackle the safety and health issues they're responsible for. Importantly, Managing Safely makes a powerful case for safety and health being an integral part of day-to-day management and business.
Who Should Attend?
This course is suitable for managers and supervisors that are responsible for managing resources and risk in any sector, and any organisation.
- Apply basic management principles and practices to safety and health issues as part of a safety management strategy
- Recognise safety and health hazards present in the workplace
- Carry out and record basic assessments of the risks associated with workplace hazards and recommend suitable control measures
- Ensure that adequate information, training, and supervision are provided for employees
Managing Safely covers:
- Assessing risks
- Controlling risks
- Understanding responsibilities
- Understanding hazards
- Investigating incidents
- Measuring performance
4 Days (Time: 09:30 to 16:30)
Course Dates and Prices
Assessments are designed to evaluate delegates' understanding of basic health and safety. Assessments include a 45-minute written paper consisting of 20 multi-format questions, plus a practical risk assessment project. Successful delegates receive a nationally-recognised IOSH Managing Safely certificate.
Refresher Period - 3 Years (1 Day Refresher)
Powys County Council employees can book onto this course via iTrent Self Service. For all other applicants, please register your interest using our online form here