NOTICE: Garden Waste update

Read more about View full notice

Animal movement licences

Image of sheep

We need to keep track of where livestock are to help us stop diseases from spreading. There are rules about the identification and movement of livestock, which apply even if you only keep one of the animals mentioned below.

You must complete an AML movement document every time you move a deer, pig, sheep or goat.  All movements must be reported by the person receiving the animals within three days of the movement taking place.

From 18 January 2016, farmers have the option to either report movements electronically or continue to report movements on the paper movement licence. A new version of the movement licence must be used.

The new version of the movement licence must be returned to EIDCymru (instead of your local authority).

Cattle and horses are moved under the control of a relevant passport. All movements are subject to the conditions of a general licence.



  • Email:
  • Phone: 0345 6027030
  • Address for North Powys: Trading Standards - Animal Health and Movement, The Park, Newtown, Powys, SY16, 2NZ
  • Address for South Powys: Trading Standards - Animal Health and Movement Neuadd Brycheiniog, Brecon, Powys, LD3 7HR


Feedback about a page here

Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon Email icon


Print icon