NOTICE: Garden Waste update

Read more about View full notice

Activities not formally regulated

The council may monitor the following activities for safety and good practice, but does not formally regulate them.  You don't need to register or apply for a licence to carry out these activities in Powys.

Activities not formally regulated in Powys:

  • Second-hand dealing
  • Busking
  • Camp sites
  • Car boot sales and temporary markets
  • Hairdressers
  • Personal Massage and Special Treatment (MST)
  • Sea going pleasure boats

If you have any questions, please use the contact details on this page to get in touch.


  • Email:
  • Phone: 01597 827467
  • North Powys Address: Environmental Health, Neuadd Maldwyn, Severn Road, Welshpool, Powys, SY21 7AS
  • South Powys Address: Environmental Health, Neuadd Brycheiniog, Cambrian Way, Brecon, Powys, LD3 7HR
  • Mid Powys Address: Environmental Health, The Gwalia, Ithon Road, Llandrindod Wells, Powys, LD1 6AA


Feedback about a page here

Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon Email icon


Print icon