NOTICE: Garden Waste update

Read more about View full notice

Performing animals licences

If you exhibit, use or train performing animals, you must be registered with us. We need to know about the animals and the performances they take part in.

Please apply online or ask us for an application form. We also need to know about any changes to performing animals registrations.


Can I appeal?

Please contact us if you are unhappy with our decision.


Animal cruelty

A police officer may make a complaint to the local magistrates' court if they feel that animals have been treated cruelly. If you believe a performing animal is being abused or neglected, please contact the council or the police.

Fill in an application online using the links below.  The links take you to another government website.

Apply for a performing animals licence

Apply to change a performing animals licence

You can also get an application form from us using the contact details on this page.  Please complete the form and return it with the fee to the area licensing office.

You will be charged a fee for this licence.

Licence fees and charges



  • Email:
  • Phone: 0345 6027030
  • Address for North Powys: Trading Standards - Animal Health and Movement, The Park, Newtown, Powys, SY16, 2NZ
  • Address for South Powys: Trading Standards - Animal Health and Movement Neuadd Brycheiniog, Brecon, Powys, LD3 7HR


Feedback about a page here


Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon Email icon


Print icon