Report a scam
Scams are schemes to con you out of your money. It's very distressing to be caught out by a scam, but it's important to report it to try and stop the scammer striking again.
It could be a scam if:
- A call, letter, email or text is not expected
- you've never heard of the lottery or competition and didn't buy a ticket
- you are asked to send money before you get your prize
- you are told to respond quickly so you don't get time to think about it before you decide the best action to take
- you are told to keep it a secret
- It sounds too good to be true
- you are requested to pay to extend a subscription or service you are not aware that you have
For help on how to spot scams and report a scam go to Citizens Advice website.