Our recruitment commitments
We have five commitments, and these are:
- To interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for a job vacancy and consider them on their abilities.
- To ask disabled employees at least once a year what can be done to make sure they can develop and use their abilities at work.
- To make every effort when employees become disabled to make sure they stay in employment.
- To take action to ensure that key employees develop the awareness of disability needed to make our commitments work.
- Each year, to review these commitments and what has been achieved, plan ways to improve on them and let all employees know about progress and future plans.
These commitments form the basis for further development of good practice within the Council.